What will I have to pay?

When someone enters care, they are automatically means-tested, and all of your capital assets, including your home, are taken into account. Only those with assets below the £14,250 threshold will be entitled to the maximum possible public funding.

Should you or a family member require Long Term Care, we can provide help and advice with several issues that could arise. Where a financial assessment is required, we can ensure that the correct approach is taken by the Council or Local Authority and that all the necessary processes are followed. For example, have a Continuing Healthcare Assessment and a Needs Assessment been conducted?

When it comes to moving into a home, we can provide advice on the appropriateness of the contract for the placement, and we can continue to liaise with a Local Authority or Council on your behalf if issues arise on the outcome of a financial assessment.

Should you have any concerns at what can be a difficult time, we can provide help and assistance.

What can happen?

  • Your home may have to be sold to pay for your long-term care costs.
  • Your savings and investments could be wiped out.
  • Any income would be assessed and used towards the cost of your care.
  • Your children and grandchildren could lose their entire inheritance.
We are here to help you with: